McDonalds is one of Americas largest fast food chains and they are everywhere. Their prices are affordable and when your in a rush, the taste is acceptable. I myself stopped off at one when I was in a rush and got something I thought wouldn’t be too bad. After that I got to thinking…was the meal I chose (3 piece chicken selects and side salad w/o dressing) worse than I thought it was?
I did some searching and Lifehacker already compiled a list of the 5 best and worst foods to eat at McDonalds. The results are as follows
5 worst things to have:
- Triple Thick Chocolate Shake – 1160 cal
- Double Quarter Pounder w/ Cheese – 740 cal
- 5 Piece Chicken Selects – 660 cal
- Grilled Chicken Club – 570 cal
- Big Mac – 540 cal
5 best things to have:
- Hamburger w/o cheese – 250 cal
- Grilled Ranch Snack Wrap – 270 cal
- 6 Piece Chicken McNuggets – 280 cal
- Southwest Salad w/ Grilled Chicken w/o dressing – 320 cal
- Filet-O-Fish – 380 cal
It is important to note that these results are from June of 2009 so they may be a little out of date but McDonalds still has many if not all of these menu items still available. So next time you stop off at the golden arches, keep in mind that what you think is the best choice and what really is the best choice may be different.