Trans-fats has been a buzz word for the past couple of years and some counties have gone as fat as “banning” trans fats from restaurants and super markets. But how many people actually know what kind of foods contain Trans-fats? WebMD has published an article listing the top 10 foods that contain trans-fats.
I have listed the top 5 in this post:
1) Spreads. Margarine is a twisted sister — it’s loaded with trans fats and saturated fats, both of which can lead to heart disease.
2) Packaged foods. Cake mixes, Bisquick, and other mixes all have several grams of trans fat per serving.
3) Soups. Ramen noodles and soup cups contain very high levels of trans fat.
4) Fast Food. Bad news here: Fries, chicken, and other foods are deep-fried in partially hydrogenated oil
5) Frozen Food. Those yummy frozen pies, pot pies, waffles, pizzas, even breaded fish sticks contain trans fat.
The rest of the top 10 foods that contain trans-fats can be found in WebMD’s Article: WebMD’s Top 10 foods that contain trans-fats